What is internet marketing?
Internet marketing seo consultants help you get found online. It uses the internet to answer questions that people are asking and to deliver the content people are searching for. It’s how businesses nurture relationships of trust with customers and future potential customers.
Do you, or do you want to, sell a product or service? Over 81% of people search for products and services online. Ninety percent of people visit online stores, and nearly three-quarters of people have purchased a product online. Every one of those transactions has something in common. It was a sale driven by the internet. What is internet marketing?
There are approximately 1,700,000,000 websites online (over 500,000 new ones every day), and you can bet that more than a couple of them sell what you’re selling — let’s say tires. One report says that there are over 5,600,000,000 — that’s billion with a “b” — internet searches performed every day, more than a few of them looking for tires. How can internet marketing help make sure people looking for stuff about tires find your business? consider hiring an enterprise seo consultant.
What does internet marketing include?
When you think of internet marketing, you may think of websites. And that makes sense. But internet marketing is a lot more than websites, though many elements of internet marketing are conducted through or for the purpose of driving traffic to your website. We’ll put websites on the top of our list of things included under the big heading “Internet Marketing,” but there are a lot more:
- Website design, hosting and optimization
- Email campaigns
- SEO Consultant in Tampa that focus on (Search Engine Optimization) and SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
- Video marketing
- Advertising (PPC or Pay-Per-Click)
- Blogs and Content Marketing
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Social Media Marketing (You didn’t think we’d forget, did you?)
- Influencer Marketing
Internet marketing is a strategic investment toward the accomplishment of specific and measurable goals. If you’re not doing much, you should do something. But that doesn’t mean you have to do everything. In fact, you should identify and allocate your resources strategically with the advice of an internet marketing company. How to find one? We’ll get to that.
How has the internet changed marketing?
If you’re a business owner of a certain age, the form of direct marketing that you may be most familiar with is direct response mail. You know how it went. You’d find an area of town that you wanted to target, come up with a mail-out or letter, and you’d send information to those targets — each one a potential customer. You’d send your material to a passive target, then wait passively for the customer to come for you.
How has the internet changed direct marketing? In that direct marketing model, you have no reason to believe that those recipients want or need your services — except hope. You need to introduce, entice, persuade, and close at every turn. Internet marketing is different. Internet marketing companies prepare online content that answers questions that potential customers are already asking, and that delivers responses to searches that those potential customers are already making.
A well-planned internet marketing campaign delivers content that your potential customers are already looking for. You won’t waste time, effort and money sending flyers about winter tires to people who don’t drive and own cars. Instead, you’ll be able to provide essential information about winter driving safety to people already searching online for information about tires, winter tires, all-season tires, tire balancing, tire rotation, tire storage, and tire pressure in your area.
What is the best way to make internet marketing effective?
The answer to this question is short and simple. It’s three words long. Know your customers. Then provide content they’re looking for in any way related to your product or service. Not just know their name, but know enough about them and the issues they think and worry about so that you can provide information and products that respond to those thoughts and worries. If you sell tires, get to know:
- What kinds of cars do your customers drive
- Where do they drive and how often
- How old are their cars
- How often do they get new cars and tires
- Do they have families
- Do they drive for work or pleasure
- How many cars are in the family
- Do they have vehicles other than cars? Recreational vehicles and the like
- Do they change their own oil and check their own fluids
- Do they know how cars work
- Are they men or women
- Are they college students, retirees or parents
- Do they own their cars or are the financing
- Did they get their car used or new
- Do they know the difference between all-season and summer and winter tires
- Do they have car repairs done at a dealer or local garage
- Do they wash their own car or get it detailed or use coin-operated car washes
- Are they concerned about the environmental impact of detergents and the like
- Hiring An Agency for Professional On Page SEO Services
Those are just some questions you should ask about your customers and future customers. Why? The more you know about your customers, the more you’ll understand about what kinds of questions they ask. Once you know the questions, you can start providing the answers in ways that connect those future customers to your products and services by providing relevant, timely, and current content. This is the power of content marketing.
How do you provide that content? Two key ways that your internet marketing company will explain are services pages on your website and articles you’ll post on your blog with important keywords — the words your customers use when they ask their questions that search engines will use to bring those customers to your content — placed naturally and helpfully.
How to find the right internet marketing company
Let’s start with you. The first step in finding the right internet marketing company is for you to do your own homework. Your homework consists of two important steps. First, do some research. Read articles like this one to understand what internet marketing is, what services internet marketing companies can provide, and get familiar with some of the language and lingo.
The second step in this homework plan is to figure out what you want. What is it that you’re trying to achieve? Are you absent online and looking for a website? Are you online, but seeing no traffic? Are you seeing traffic, but not seeing any dollars from those digital visitors? Do you have a brick and mortar warehouse but are losing revenue to online competitors that you want to claw back? Have you seen competitors or others in your field achieving online benchmarks that you’re pursuing to?
Now, what do you need to ask or look for when considering a potential internet marketing company. Here are eight questions to ask or considerations to keep in mind.
- When visiting internet marketing companies’ websites — and visit their websites — do they have impressive portfolios and client lists that are relevant and relate to you?
- While you’re there, is their website well designed, up to date, easy to navigate, and functional?
- Scroll through the “services” page. Do you see the things you’re looking for there?
- Do they respond to inquiries and work with you to set up a discussion of what you need?
- Are they asking lots of questions about you and your goals? Or just giving you a hard sell?
- Are they promising everything they think you want to hear, or presenting you with a realistic plan with measurable results at specific landmarks?
- Does the plan include detailed reports on a predictable schedule to see what is being accomplished at what cost using language that makes sense to you and for your business?
- Is the company assigning the resources that you need, like a consistent person to answer your calls and to answer your questions.
The internet is a noisy place. Expert SEO Services can help make sure you’re heard above the noise and found among the crowd.